schedule test Questions

Discussion in 'A+' started by wkbi, Apr 27, 2009.

1. wkbi

wkbi Bit Poster

hi all,

this is probably a stupid question, but can I like schedule my essential test with Prometric, then schedule my second test (IT technician) with pearson vue? or does it need to be same provider? =)

Certifications: A+
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

You could do that if you really wanted to but it's generally easier doing it through the same company. Is there any specific reason that you want to do it this way?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. wkbi

wkbi Bit Poster

so you're certain that I can do it this way? the reason is I pass Essential exam with Prometric, then I bump into this website offer international discount voucher limit to Pearson test centre, it's USD50 off regular price which is what I paid for my first test:dry

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yes you can, I did it that way many years ago :)

If you do this:

When booking your exam with Vue (since the first one was with Prometric), make sure you enter your Comptia testing ID. A couple of days/a week afer the exam check your comptia record (on Comptia's site) to make sure that your record has you as passed both exams, if not contact Comptia and give them the details on the score sheet from both Prometric & Vue. This is so Comptia can match up your records.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. wkbi

wkbi Bit Poster

thanks Ken,

is comptia testing id on my score report? when I try to schedule with Pearson it didn't ask for my comptia testing id though.:huh

6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

it should be, its assigned to you when you register with vue or prometric once its assigned by one test center it remains the same.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. wkbi

wkbi Bit Poster

thanks Bruce, I'll check that up:)