Schedule asp script

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by simonneaves, Jan 30, 2006.

1. simonneaves

simonneaves New Member

Hi I'm trying to get a .asp page to run according to a schedule set by windows task scheduler.

I found this great article:
    http://www.asp101.com/articles/john/schedule/default.asp

But unfortunately my server refuses to create winHttp objects, so I can't seem to use this method to execute my asp file.

This article suggests a .vb script which directs an internet explorer window to a spcecified URL, but I cannot rely on that window being open.

Can anybody suggest a simple vb (whs?) script which will execute an asp page on my server?

Or does anybody know why my winHttp script fails? My server is running windows 2003 web edition.

The following script fails on my server:
    Code:
    <%
    Dim objWinHttp
    Set objWinHttp = Server.CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5")
    %>
    Thanks.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

*BUMP* :biggrin

3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I'm no .asp scripting guy, but the first thing I would look at if a script of mine--that I could execute successfully by calling it through the command line--was to create something, but couldn't, would be the permissions that the script runs under and the permissions on the folder in which the script is supposed to run and create the file.

No matter how well-written a script is it will never accomplish what it's supposed to do if run without sufficient permissions.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Have you got MSXML installed on the Server?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD