SCCM Installation problems.

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by DWD_DRAYTON, Dec 6, 2011.

1. DWD_DRAYTON

DWD_DRAYTON New Member

Hi y'all,

I'm having problems installing SCCM (on VMWare) on a 32 BIT Windows 2003 R2 server.

I've met all the prerequisites, the checker is happy. Anyway, on checking the log file I can see the installer fails on one component. It reports it cannot find a valid copy of - windowsupdateagent30-x64.exe.

I am not sure why it is trying to run this file as there is a 32 bit alternative, not sure why it tries to install it. I have even downloaded the latest windowsupdateagent30-x64.exe and placed it in the pre downloaded components folder. It doesn't like it. If I try to run that file manually by double clicking on it I am advised it's not for that version of the OS.

I've done loads of searching online and have found nothing.

Any idea's?

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Have you tried downloading the updates just via the setup?

D:\SMSSETUP\BIN\i386\SETUP /download c:\SCCM_SETUP (assuming D is your CD and the SCCM_SETUP folder already needs to exist) should work just fine, it will also give you a chance to troubleshoot easier than having to go through the setup routine all the time.

Have you checked the log file at the root of the drive as well?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Which version of SCCM are you trying to install?

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Install the latest copy of windows update agent from here

Restart the box

Re-run setup

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA