SCCM... getting there!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Theprof, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I got the Software Update Point functioning well... in the process of deploying this to the rest of the remote locations... All I have left to configure and test is the SCUP and we are pretty much getting exactly what we wanted out of SCCM.

So far I was able to setup 9 Secondary sites with PXE boot for OSD and DP's. I also have 2 BDP's in smaller offices where they don't have any servers. SUP is working well along with SSRS and SCCM for reporting. I've setup backups. SCUP would be the last thing to do after which I am done! and the maintenance is pretty much left to do... I could use a break from SCCM!

Great experience and nice thing to put on the CV, but if this product is not setup correctly from the get go it will give you a world of pain and frustration!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Yah, definitely nice to have on a CV. Ready for SCCM 2012 coming out soon ;) ?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Yeah I can't wait for SCCM 2012... I have it setup in my lab environment.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  4. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Did you get a chance to look at the new Exchange connector for device management?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I've looked at it and read up on it as well.... but I did not have much chance to play with it yet... I would like to see how well device management works for Windows phone 7... Unfortunately we're a blackberry and BES shop so don't know if I'll get to do any implementations or testing for that matter. My home lab is currently being upgraded to Win2k8 environment so that will take up some time as my SCCM lab at home is also being upgraded to 2012 and at the moment I don't have much time as I am busy with the Exchange 2010 migration project...

It will be interesting to see how well the polices for WP7 work... I can probably manage the devices pretty well but they're expensive compared to BB's

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011