SC query

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by Rob1234, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hoping someone here might be able to help, I have this command sc query state= all I want to run it but exclude a certain service from the results but can not work out how to do it any ideas?

Certifications: A few.
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

LMAO.... Tripwire not working right for you ;)

I should add that it's a small world as I just discovered that Rob works at the same place as me :) (it was a fairly obscure question that I had seen posted internally to my team recently).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

haha it is a very small world! When you just came up to me and said did you just post a message in a forum I was thinking hows he know that!

Now I know who you are I can ask you lots more questions :D

PS. I only took over Tripwire last week so its not my fault :tune

Certifications: A few.
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Must admit you went very red :p

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

You could have at least come up to him and said "Hello can I have a word with you please, we have been tracking your internet usage recently and would like to discuss the communications policy with you and the action that must be taken to prevent this occuring in future" lol, that would have been worth a face shot

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  6. parman05

parman05 Byte Poster

The only thing that pops into my head out be if statements.

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCTS WIN7 (70-680), MCITP WIN7 (70-685), MCSA WIN7, Linux +,LPIC-1, Novell CLA 11, SUSE 11 Tech Spec, DC Tech Spec
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, security +, CCNA
  7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well he works in Security and I did go up and say to him "Do you post in Forums?" he said yes... then I replied with "Certforums" at which he started going a little bit red.. to which I added "Rob1234?". Then I mentioned who I was (for some reason he didn't put 2 + 2 together, worse still because I am currently dealing with the whole VMware Cloud Team) so it really was funny.

It's funny reading some of his old posts tho :p and some of his colleagues found it funny :)

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is this is used in conjunction with Tripwire and I just don't know if this is going to be clever enough, Rob it may be worth having a chat with them directly to see if they have any ideas themselves.