SBS 2003 Group Policy

Discussion in 'Software' started by zimbo, May 19, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

I dont know if this by default or because some feature wasnt installed - sorry im not SBS expert, but is the default domain policies or any policy for that matter - why all are the policies set to 'not enabled' -every single one! Is SBS supposed to give you more flexabilty to change what you want?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

They are? Strange, when I installed my eval version the policies were set as I would expect. They were the same as on W2k3 Standard?

You sure that when those people from your place were messing with the server they didn't try undoing every single policy as they didn't know what they were doing? :blink

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

no im very sure they didnt...

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The only time I've come across something similar is when the default domain policy of the domain is already disabled. When you join a new server to the domain (whether it's SBS or normal) it's takes on the domain policy. If there isn't one or if there is one but disabled, the new server will take that one on.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security