Sat 70-270 Today . . .

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Luddym, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I have to say, this was the oddest, and most off putting exam I have taken.

I got to the test centre, gave my ID blah blah, got seated at my computer, Had to put my own Id number in, and got started.

The whole screen went like jibberish, as I tried to agree to Microsofts blurb (Not the actual monitor, but what looked like the result of the program going funny.) It then said I shouldn't take the test on this pc, then promptly started the test.

During the test, it would take up to 60 seconds to go to the next question, and at points it sort of hung, only to come back after about a minute or so.

Then when I end the test, It too 5 minutes from me hitting end, to it actually asking me to fill out a questionairre . . .which I went to do, only to find that it looked like another 58 question exam (with 15 minutes on the timer), so promply ended it.

The passing score needed was 700, My Score? 700 exactly.

Talk about an odd experience.

The receptionist told me that they had already had 4 or 5 people in to take the exam this morning, and all of them failed. If they had the exam I had, I can see why. It felt like a test from hell. There were no solid questions about permissions, auditing or security. There were very few on installation, but there seemed to be a huge ammount on networking, a few on bluetooth and alot of stuff I've never come across before.

All in all, I think I'm lucky to get a pass.

:blink

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

sounds like my exam mate! You in the exam and you think to yourself what the heck does this have to do with XP?

Congrats on the pass though! :biggrin :biggrin
    If i remember you had some probs getting it together for this didnt you? So it must feel real great to get it nailed!

Cheers! :alc

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

A pass is a pass! Congrats anyway!

:clap

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

congrats on the pass! was it prometric?

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  5. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Thanks guys. Yeah, this Exam was the one that was just grating at me. Started studying it way back, like 9 months ago, got close to feeling ready to take it then had a major brain drain on it, so gave up and did the A+. I feel quite invigorated. :)

Yep, It was a prometric site up in London. I sat my A+ Exams with them before, and it all went as smoothly as a very smooth thing. So I was a little bemused when the pc started going 'ahem' tits up.

6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congratulations Luddym! :biggrin

Put your feet up, crack open a beer and relax!

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations, Luddym. Well done. Given the technical problems you had taking the exam, make sure you keep the hardcopy of your score that was printed out at the testing center...just in case something goes fubar and Microsoft doesn't record the pass. :blink

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

You are right there Trip. Thinking about it, what could be worse than having to take the whole thing again . . . . . . .

Tonight will be a few beers, chased with a few rum's, follwed by a few beers and Ciders, chased with whatever spirits I have left . . . . by then it may just be the Meths. :biggrin :p

I'm thinking of taking the N+ next week, so maybe I'll lay off the Meths. :biggrin