Sample exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by damo101, Mar 23, 2006.

1. damo101

damo101 Byte Poster

Hi,
    does anyone have info on where i can get some free A+ sample exams - had a look at transcender but it's seems you have to pay (and would like to avoid that as much as possible). The reason is I'm looking to get an idea of the exam questions and how much detail each part of the course goes into from an exam point of view.

Thanks in advance
    Damo

Certifications: ITIL Foundation and Practitioner (S&R)
    WIP: OU Cert in Web Design
  2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

if it's just to get an idea of the exam, then why not download the transcender demos? http://www.transcender.com/demos/#CompTIA

3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

CompTia have a pool of 1000's of questions to choose from with varying levels of difficulty.The level of detail you are expected to know is represented by CompTias objectives (download them from CompTia).

From the experience of those that have taken the exam already the closest you will get to the 'real thing' is Transcender,though the practice exams are not free.

Most of the exams available on the net use a very similar engine to the actual test but may differ greatly in terms of quality of question and in some cases the accuracy of the answer.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

For A+ you could also try Examcram's website & books.

For Comptia Exam's I have found them useful.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

What everyone else said!! I used every free resource and test I could lay my hands on but in my actual exam I got a question that I knew the answer to purely because I had no idea what it meant when I saw it mentioned on the objectives I'd downloaded from the CompTIA site and looked it up! Try http://www.mcmcse.com/ for a good source of free tests, you can set time limits and the number of questions from the pool as well.
    As to the level of complexity of the questions in the actual exam? As Malnomates says, download the objectives and expect anything thats listed on there!!

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA