Salute to you all!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Hippofiralkus, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Hippofiralkus

Hippofiralkus New Member

Well I figured I may take the advice hurled at me after I registered on this site and say 'Hi'.

...... Well, Done That... What else? :biggrin

Erm... well Hello, nah that's just a variation of Hi. Odd word Hi, sounds like something from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, 'Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to work we go...'.

I'm currently a Sixth Form student at Shaftesbury School in North Dorset, which i'm bloody glad I decided to do instead of going straight into work because a few days after the start of term Lehman Brother collapsed, and... it WAS THE END OF THE ECONOMY!!! :rolleyes:

Right now I'm just looking for advice on what certifications are best. I've been dabbling around with the one's available from W3Schools but really, who's going to take those seriously? It's more for reputation on my University application than anything else i'm going for, so every little helps. (I'm hardly going to get the grades at A-level sadly for what I want to do... so I need to make it up on my Personal Statement).
    I am though at the moment currently making a beeline towards becoming MCDST certified. At least that way if my University application goes the way of the Lusitania I have something worthwhile to write on my CV.

Erm... Well... Don't think I can really write much more without going into details of my love life... and that I spare to torture people who I really don't like. :oops:

WIP: MCDST
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: PGDip Cyber Security
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!

I'd recommend getting the A+, Network+, and MCDST certifications, in that order (though they don't HAVE to be done in that order, that's what I'd recommend).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!

6. thenewguy639

thenewguy639 New Member

Hello Friend,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice intro...

Certifications: CSCP Certification
    WIP: Supply Chain Management Certificati