Sage Line 50

Discussion in 'Software' started by Toasty, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Toasty

Toasty Byte Poster

Hi, we had to format and reinstall a customers pc this week. When we took it back and rejoined to domain and after installing Sage from Server via netsetup, everything looked ok. The user logged on and was happy until she found that the templates she had saved in her favorites have gone.

I did make a copy of all the data on hard drive before formatting it, I have all the folders and files but I don't know where in the Sage folder the files are stored. The user is also unsure of the names of her templates so can't do search for them. If anyone knows the location of where favorites are saved in Sage please can you help.

Regards

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I had to do this a while back when I was migrating a sage server but I cant remember, doh! :oops:

Have you browsed the sage directory for obvious folders such as 'templates'?

Do you have sage support? Should only take a Sage tech a few minutes to sort this problem for you.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I have moved my Sage Accounts program to a different PC. I then restored a full backup, but my Favourites no longer appear. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Summary
    I have moved my Sage Accounts program to a different PC. I then restored a full backup, but my Favourites no longer appear. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Answer
    The Favourites list from Sage Accounts is stored in the file SGLCH32.USR within your Windows > System32 folder. This file is not automatically backed up with your Sage data, and therefore, if you reinstall Sage Accounts on a new PC and restore the data, the Favourites are not recreated automatically. There are two ways to ensure that your Favourites list appears on the new PC

* Recreate the Favourites list. For further information about this, please refer to Ask Sage Article 8420.
    * Manually copy the file that stores the Favourites list from the old PC to the new PC.

To copy the Favourites list from the old PC to the new PC

1. From the original PC, open Windows Explorer, then double-click the Windows folder.

Windows 2000, or NT - Open Windows Explorer, then double-click the WINNT folder.

The contents of the Windows, or WINNT folder appear in the right-hand pane.
    2. From the right-hand pane, double-click the System32 folder.

The contents of the System32 folder appear in the right-hand pane.

3. In the right-hand pane, locate and select the file SGLCH32.USR then open the Edit menu, and choose Copy.

The file is copied to the Windows clipboard.

4. Insert a blank floppy disk, then from the left-hand pane of Windows Explorer, select the 3 1/2" Floppy (A:\) drive. Alternatively, select a portable storage drive.

The chosen drive is highlighted.

5. From the Windows Explorer menu bar, open the Edit menu, and choose Paste.

The file is pasted to the floppy disk or storage device.

6. On the new PC, insert the floppy disk or storage device and open Windows Explorer.

7. From the left-hand pane, select the drive containing the copied file.

The contents of the drive appear in the right-hand pane.

8. From the right-hand pane, select the SGLCH32.USR file then from the Windows Explorer menu bar, open the Edit menu, and choose Copy.

9. In the left-hand pane, double-click the Windows folder.

Windows 2000 or NT - In the left-hand pane, double-click the WINNT folder.
    10. From the right-hand pane, select the System32 folder, then from the menu bar, open the Edit menu and choose Paste.

The SGLCH32.USR file is pasted into the System32 folder.

The SGLCH32.USR file has now been copied to the new PC, and the Favourites list is now accessible from within Sage on the new PC.

For information about how to add reports to your list of Favourites, please refer to Ask Sage Article 11483.

For a full list of Sage Report Designer Ask Sage - Step By Step Articles, please refer to the following articles:

Sage Accounts v12.xx and below -
    12077Index of Report Designer and printing Ask Sage - Step By Step Articles

Sage Line 50 2007, Sage 50 Accounts and Sage Instant Accounts v14 -
    12588 Index of Report Designer and printing Ask Sage - Step By Step Articles

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  4. Toasty

Toasty Byte Poster

Thank you very much for your answer, I will get the file on Monday and put on new PC. Will keep our customer very happy.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA