S+ Study Material and exam cost

Discussion in 'Security+' started by bodie37, Aug 4, 2009.

1. bodie37

bodie37 Bit Poster

Having read some of the threads on here, it seems that the Sybex S+ book is not very good. JUst had a look on compman.co.uk and the CompTIA Security+ 2008 In Depth from Delmar Publishing looks a good 'un.

Has anybody used this book and if so is it any good. I'm on Chapter 8 on the Sybex book and I'll finish it but I doubt I'll take the exam on using that book alone, plus I think it is not updated for the 2008 exam.

Could somebady also tell me how much the exam is to take,

Cheers in advance

Bodie

Certifications: A+, N+, NT4 W/S & NT4 Server MCP
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Don't know about the book you've asked about, but it you look here you'll see the resources I used.

As for the price, just log on to either Prometric or Vue and you'll be able to see the prices of the exams directly or you can go to vendors like this one (just make sure you choose the correct voucher for your region) for their prices :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I believe we referenced the Security+ All-in-One Exam Guide for our newly released Boson ExSim Max practice exams for Security+.

When I took the Security+ exam a couple of revisions ago, I used the orange Syngress book to study, and it was fantastic. I don't know if there's a new edition of it out yet, but if there is, I'd recommend it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. bodie37

bodie37 Bit Poster

As far as I can tell the Syngress book is still at the 2nd Edition which is pre 2008 I think

5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. bodie37

bodie37 Bit Poster