1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumours of a new MCSA Windows 8 certification?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by SimonV, Jul 5, 2012.

1. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

Has anyone else heard anything about a new MCSA Windows 8 certification?

There is a reference to it here TechEd Europe - Get Certified at TechEd Europe 2012
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  2. AdamV

AdamV Bit Poster

Hmmm... a hint at something new indeed.

I had not seen anything about MCSA for Windows 8. It looked like the track would be three exams 410,411,412 to the 'regular' MCSA:Server 2012 (or MCSA:2008 plus 417 upgrade) then two exams 415, 416 to MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure

I suspect the MCSA for Windows 8 might include some crossover with the server track ie some exams the same. One thing does seem clear at the moment, the new MCSA/E will have totally defined exam paths, no electives or choices.

Although the marketing implies there is a natural order to take things, there is no hard requirement at all - you could do exam 415 (an MCSE one) first if you happen to already have a skillset that matches, then complete the MCSA, then do 416 to complete the MCSE.
    Certifications: MCT, MCSA:Messaging 2003, MCTS:Dynamics CRM 4.0 and 2011; MOS: Master Instructor 2003, 2007
    WIP: Writing CRM 2013 Customization course. Planning to take all CRM 2013 exams ASAP
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Now I'm really unsure of what to pursue next!
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  4. subliminalsmurf

subliminalsmurf Nibble Poster

I'm not sure a Windows 8 cert is really anything I'd want to be perfectly honest. Most businesses are only just adopting 7. I can hardly see the point of 8 being used in work places anyway. We've got the preview installed on a touch screen in the lab here and it's awful.

It's just another Vista. ;-)
    Certifications: MCITP: Windows 7 Desktop Support Technician
    WIP: 70-686 - Started the same day as passing 680
    Boffy likes this.