Ruckus Managed Wireless

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by CPLTD, Dec 10, 2009.

1. CPLTD

CPLTD Bit Poster

Hey Guys

Quick question for you all,

Have any of you heard of Ruckus Wireless, We have been prodiving this solution into the public sector now for quite a while so it would be good to hear any feedback you guys have, 8)

p.s this post is not to promote us as a supply more for feedback on the brand . what you have heard about the technology ect

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I have heard of Ruckus, yes. They are sponsoring a series of WLAN roadshows - Pimp My Wi-Fi - in the US at the moment, with GT Hill do his presentation on stuff like hidden node, spatial multiplexing and so forth. It's on the CWNP site.

Not heard of any UK Government depts working with Ruckus or, indeed, doing much with WLAN at the moment.

Who are you providing it to?

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

There a quite a few educational establishments that use Ruckus, I took at look at it earlier in the year and was impressed with the tech spec compared to the 3Com kit that we have.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. jamin100

jamin100 Byte Poster

Yes, we have ruckus here. Half of our schools is covered by 6 access points and i've had about 80 clients working from 1 access point at any one time.

It really is great kit...

WIP: 70-680
  5. dwhyte85

dwhyte85 Nibble Poster

Small world, many other forum users here that I recognise.

From the corporate world it seemed to be HP & Cisco, to be honest... found the Ruckus kit easier to setup, alot easier & solely from a look perspective... they are less obvious.

The setup on the Cisco and administration was difficult fairly easy but the controller for Ruckus is alot easier. I think the single points have a far greater range too, seems to be the case anyway!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
    Certifications: Bsc. Comp Sci, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, CCENT, MBCS
    WIP: ICND 2, CEH and converting MCSA to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator