RSA Server

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by morph, Jun 12, 2008.

1. morph

morph Byte Poster

Has anyone else come across their RSA server asking the remote users to put in the next pass code when trying to log in remotely on occasions ? I am pretty sure that the reason for this is the token needs to re-synch with the server hence its asking for the next code, but what acatually causes that to happen - and to all of our users at the sametime :D

Had a load of directors panicing saying they couldnt work over the weekend because their RSA tokens asked them for the next token code and they didnt know what to do - dont even get me started on that one......

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

This usually happens when the user has incorrectly entered their passcode several times and hence for security reasons the user's token needs to be resychronised on the RSA server.

Yep! I know the feeling on user gripping how they couldn't do this or that but not owning up to their fault as mentioned above. Well, it's all part and parcel of the joys of working in IT and the dealings with users: you've got to love it.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell