1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rras + Vpn + L2tp

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by meysam_e2006, Apr 26, 2009.

1. meysam_e2006

meysam_e2006 New Member

I have a plan to operate a (VPN SERVER) with RRAS (routing & remote access service)

In this project I prefer to use the (connection type 12TP), so I simply configure the

(RRAS) and then I connect it with (PPTP).

For connecting with (12TP), I put a “preshared key “in a client (VPN connection -> properties->Networking->IPSEC Setting) and another one in (RRAS) server properties.

However, when I connect to (VPN) server after a long pause, in connecting to

I face with error “800.”

What`s the reason for it?

If I have to make another changes in both sides the client or the server please guide me for it.

1. For IP client setting I use (Range) method.

2. I use Windows server 2008 for this programme.

3. In this case I do not want to use Active Directory or ISA SERVER either.

4. I just want to use (Preshared keys) not any other ways.

5. When I give the preshared key to the client, I reset the (Service IPSEC agent) too.
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Looks like you need the IP address of the VPN server here.
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

agree - thats the loopback adapter (
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

The error 800 means that the VPN cannot be established.

Is Port 1701 open for L2TP/IPsec traffic?
    Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5