1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router/server shutdown Mystery

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by TheITCrowd, Oct 28, 2010.

1. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Hi

Anyone any ideas:

Every Sunday server and or Firewall shuts down causing major issues for clients in US.

We believe it's a temprature issue, as air con gets turned off at a weekend! Would like to narrow down the actual device that is having the issue.

Kit: Clavister Firewall and Cisco 3560.

An engineer tripped out the electrics and caused the router and firewall to shut down 24 hours ago, so router uptime only shows that as the last log.

Anyway my question is:

Does anyone know if thier is a way of checking temprature logs on a Clavister firewall, Cisco 3560 or Solarwinds Monitoring software, I can find the answers but will take time, hoping someone here may have an idea?

Thanks

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  2. Kell john

Kell john Banned

I don't think there is just one command to shut everyone down but you can shut down many if you know the computer names.

3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

For the Cisco you can use SNMP monitoring, you have oodls of options and you can choose which server to send the data to.

I set this up for a couple of clients and its pretty straight forward, example config:

snmp-server community public RO
    snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart
    snmp-server enable traps envmon
    snmp-server enable traps cpu threshold

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5