Router faults

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Aug 10, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Blimey what a day I am having so far. :eek: Just spent an hour on a call to a customer who has just had their router fried due to an electrical storm. the thing was when she came on the phone she described the router as a black box :blink yeah I know I was confused too. I kept thinking am I the one going mad? So I got her to describe to me the dimensions of the router and when she said she got it from BT (her connection is with Easynet) I kept thinking BT Voyager 2000 (BT's wireless router) but she was using it to connect to a hub which then went to the PCs. so realising what the problem was but not sure how to rectify it I went thru about 3 different BT Broadband departments including my old place BT BB THD and none of them knew what to do. but then it hit me I decided to raise a fault and ring the guys at the control room to see if they can help me and thank god! they saw what I had written down in the notes and they put it to the right place and the customer will get their new router tomorrow. she did say this has happened before about a year ago and an engineer went out and replaced the router. so I just hope she rings back and praises me to my manager cos if it was someone else they wouldnt of helped her and just told her to go somewhere and she would have been stuck. so she wants to be singing my praises :biggrin but blimey talk about going out of your way to help people eh. of course the only downside to this is my stats at work will look terrible. to be honest I aint bothere cos my stats are normally good. :biggrin

EDIT: Just got a call from the ADSL guys and they have told me that BT engineers dont carry routers with them and that the customer would need to go to her ISP to get this sorted and I have to say I kept thinking that was the case during the call. but hey at least its a lesson in learning. :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

:blink well what can I say.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Just how did BT and the ISP industry in general ever manage without you, Noelg24 ?

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

What are you trying to say Jak?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life