1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roadmap to Sharepoint: MCSD

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by nick9one1, Oct 15, 2013.

1. nick9one1

nick9one1 Bit Poster

Hey,

My employer is very supportive in training and development so I've been thinking about career paths recently.
    I studied a HND quite a long time ago which covered Java and VB, but dont think i can remember much. Then a few years back (with a different employer) I got the SharePoint 2010 MCTS and MCITP. I'd like to build on this by moving into SP development.

I realise this will be a long path, but everyone has to start somewhere right?!

I've had a look at Microsoft certs and decided that 98-361 (Microsoft Programming NET 4 Software Development Fundamentals) looked like it would be a good start?

from here I'd like to move towards the SharePoint:MCSD, but don't want to study too much that isn't directly on the MCSD path.

So can anyone suggest a good route of Microsoft certs for me to follow?

I found the following roadmap, but it doesnt seem to include SharePoint Development..

[​IMG]

thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Here is the certification path for Sharepoint MCSD :-

SharePoint Developer Certification | Microsoft

98-361 is not on it as its an entry level certification designed to get you into the industry, where as MCSD is a professional level certification for people already in industry.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH