Rising Fuel Prices - It might just work!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Lee, Jul 7, 2007.

1. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Shambles, there is no conclusive evidence to suggest that cars contribute to global warming...infact there is no conclusive evidence to suggest that global warming caused by humans! All we have is evidence from govt scientists...if they said anything to the contrary then there funding would dry up! Volcanos introduce far more carbon into the atmosphere as do dead leaves in the autumn! But I don't see the govt taxing them! Unfortunatley the govt is using the global warming debate to introduce higher taxes! You seem to forget that our entire economy depends on oil - the more it's taxed the more our business suffers; jobs will suffer too.

I don't really believe the global warming carbon crap, however; managing limited resources is what is required. We have to move away from being an oil dependent economy to something that is renewable - at least that way the likes of OPEC and us being held by the balls by the middle east would be a thing of the past.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  2. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

More like a nightmare at times.

Certifications: A+ C Programming
    WIP: Network+
  3. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

I have to agree with you. Apparently a volcanic eruption the size of St Helens chucks more noxious gasses into the atmosphere than man ever could.

This off topic topic is going way off topic.

4. drum_dude

No, because I do not know who you are, you're a :newbie and I don't really think that that sort of comment does you any favours. BTW bear in mind that one of our Admins here drives a "Mundane".

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  5. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

Don't take it personally, unless you're a politician:dry

6. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

Man, you really take your vehicle as an extension of the person.

My work car is a piece of shite (Vectra 2.2) you can say what you like about it, it aint me nor does it represent me. The comment was designed to bring the 'poster' back down to earth.

I thought this was CertForums not Street Machine.:eek:

I may be a 'noooob' to CertForums, but I have expertise in a good few other areas.

7. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

I don't care how they 'divvy' up what I pay but how much I pay.

8. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

I didn't mean to offend and I'm sorry if I have. The Mundane comment was designed to give a sense of perspective. The comment about the "3 litre V6 whatever" seems more about status than pure driving pleasure. I suspect that being an Alfa driver you're a bit more of an enthusiast.

I prefer bikes myself, more punch per £.

9. drum_dude

hmm it's tempting to get into a war of words with you but I get the feeling that it's what you want. So I'm gonna drop out of this debate and also stick you on my ignore list - I've never had to do this before but you're really a bit strange.

10. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

I'm happy with that. Seems you are not used to being 'challenged' mentally. Debates do get a bit intense, as everyone thinks their opinion is the right one. If an opinion cannot stand up to questioning (of all types) then that's all it is.

I am debating a topic not seeking a "war of words", some of your comments tell more about you and your (blinkered) perception.

I will respect your feelings and will not post you anymore.

11. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I work at Sainsbury and we get our petrol from BP and you would be surprised how many other non BP petrol stations get there petrol from BP. So it ain't gonna work not that it would anyway.

Certifications: A few.
  12. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

That's true, but BP make more selling it for themselves.

We have to look beyond the obvious. This is just another example of how we bend to the government and the corporate businesses. If the corporate bodies are hit, that will affect the amount of revenue the government will make. No idea is perfect and there are always excuses not to do something.
    The important thing is to send a message that says; in a world of consumerism, the consumer is King. The way the majority have responded to this thread shows that just isn't true.

13. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Meaning? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  14. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

Meaning = it was a dig at politicians and Scottish subsidies not the Scots.

15. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

what subsidies

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  16. Sparky

Fair enough, remember we are all under the Union Jack though. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  17. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

Indeed we are.:)

No doubt you are Scottish before you're British just the same as I'm English first.

18. Sparky

Exactly 8)