RIM Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service interruption

Discussion in 'News' started by GiddyG, Oct 17, 2011.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions

Waterloo, ON - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) announced today that a selection of premium apps worth a total value of more than US $100 will be offered free of charge to subscribers as an expression of appreciation for their patience during the recent service disruptions. The apps will be made available to customers over the coming weeks on BlackBerry® App World™ and will continue to be available until December 31, 2011.*

“Our global network supports the communications needs of more than 70 million customers,” said RIM Co-CEO Mike Lazaridis. “We truly appreciate and value our relationship with our customers. We’ve worked hard to earn their trust over the past 12 years, and we’re committed to providing the high standard of reliability they expect, today and in the future.”

The complete selection of premium apps will become available to download at BlackBerry App World over a period of four weeks beginning Wednesday, October 19th.

Full Story here

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Boffy
      Boffy
      What a lame return.

It took them so long to communicate the problem, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of BIS users to switch platforms.

I understand businesses are stuck due to BES, but they should have better compensation since I doubt many users who are getting the "free" apps, pay the bills.
    2. GiddyG
      GiddyG
      I would have thought quite a few businesses, especially in the UK, do not deal direct with RIM. Instead they'd go through a carrier for BES licences and handsets. With that in mind, I do wonder how they could do anymore for business, other than offer up the 1 month support.

Personally, I like BlackBerry for business (this is my own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the views of my employer). It feels solid, they are good handsets and the thing has been accredited by CESG.

That said, I use a different make and model of device for personal use.