Revision plan in the last 4 weeks leading up to the exam?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by piccadilly, Jul 1, 2009.

1. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I do it slightly differently from BM.
    I see knowing the questions as OK, it gives you a feel for the scope of the cert. Knowing the answers, or even if individual answers are right or wrong, is not good.
    I don't look at any answers until I'm passing the exams consistently. Until that point, I only use my scores in the individual domains to point me in the direction of my weak spots.

BM makes a good point about having a fresh, unseen exam just as a final check though. Time to modify my method I think.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Id research what the term Braindump actually means, as there is a huge difference between a microsoft, preplogic, boson, transcender (or other) etc test exam and a braindump (which are basically a list of actual questions) as they are 2 wildly different things

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Doesn't matter if you're looking at the answers or not - you'll still be ready for those questions. Whether you try to memorize the questions or not, you'll subconsciously remember them... and when you study, you'll study the answers to THOSE questions. And then your exam simulation is no longer an exam simulation - it's just an exam filled with questions you've already seen.

Also, consider an exam where you're up against the clock, like the CCNA or a Microsoft design exam. If you've already seen a question before, you don't have to read a question as carefully... and if you didn't have to read the question carefully, you will have more time to consider answers to questions. And that extra time will make your "exam simulation" no longer a true simulation of an exam... and you can't really consider the score you get as an indication of whether you will pass the real thing or not.

The method I suggest is certainly not the only way to study. But it's the ONLY way you can use an exam simulator to accurately simulate a live exam as you'll encounter it on test day.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!