Revision issues..

Discussion in 'A+' started by asje1, Aug 18, 2009.

1. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Ive read through the Comptia A+ all in one book by Mike Meyers some time ago.. and it took me a very long time to get through it all, so it feels like ive started to forget what ive read at the start.

I'm revising now by doing his exams that come with the book, which im passing, and any questions im getting wrong im searching up using a number of souces like wiki to gain an understanding of where I went wrong, as well as the exam telling me the correct answer.

Do you think its worth trying to re-read the book now, skimming through it? Or going through the syllabus and breifly topping up on each objective?

How do other people like to continue there revision once they have read the bulk of the information?

Thanks

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

When I was doing the A+ I read the book then went through it again highlighting important points then when it was near the exam I read the highlighted points.

what score are you getting in the practice CD?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I generally go through the book again and make notes. If you're unsure as to whether you know you're stuff, read it again ;)
    As greenbrucelee said, what scores are you getting?

4. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

Oright pal,

I had the same problem, forgetting certain points. So i reccomend going through it once again and highlighting the important and main parts. Also skim through the parts youre confident with.

I would also suggest you get yourself some 'quality' practice exam questions, as i found the mike meyers questions are very different from the actual exam questions.

Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2
  5. generalgaz

generalgaz New Member

I'm having the same problem, I've been studying the Mike Meyer's manual for over a year now, and I have taken 3 mock tests. I failed 2 of them my a small margin. It seems they ask questions that have not been covered in the syllabas.
    My mentor has now sent the next manual to me PC Technician 602. Hopefully that will help.

Reading and highlighting the important points are helpful tips. Any more ideas are appreciated.

Certifications: None