Revised CompTIA Network+ Examination Objectives 2007

Discussion in 'Network+' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Aug 19, 2008.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I noticed on some of the threads there's talk about 2007 N+ Objectives??

Just a bit concerned because my study books only cover the 2005 revised objectives!:eek:

I have just googled Revised CompTIA Network+ Examination Objectives 2007 and had a look on Compta website but can't find the Revised CompTIA Network+ Examination Objectives 2007.

Can anyone shed any light on this a post a linky?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I have the draft Network+ 2009 objectives, but not the 2007. I assume that the 2007 objectives are just a minor revision of the 2005 instead of the 2009 objectives which are a major revision. Just like the Security+ 2007 revision was only a minor update to the 2002 edition. Maybe...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Ken is correct.

It threw me a little when I was studying for the exam as well but the objectives are the same, I believe the exam questions just may of been updated or something! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks Mate:thumbleft

err when you say exam questions are updated do you mean the terminology or new network technology?:blink

I was reading Mal's blog on N+ (very impressive must say:biggrin) just about covered all of 2005 objectives and learn't naming of ports (almost parrot fashion):biggrin

So was there anything in the exam which hadn't been covered by your books written for the 2005 objectives??

5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks ken:thumbleft... It did kind of throw me and I brought back memories of when I was studying a+ 2003 and heard there was revision for that exam!8)

6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I believe it was just the way the questions were written as there was nothing on my exam that wasn't covered in the materials I used. (Groth and Meyers, 2005 objectives). I didnt find any new network technology on the exam that wasn't mentioned in the objectives either!

:)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

When will the 2009 objectives take affect?

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  8. Kitkatninja

Of course information is subject to change, however currently it is planned that the 2009 edition of the Network+ will be available in Q1 of 2009 with the 2005/2007 edition of the exam available until mid-2009.

Hope this helps :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  9. volatile

volatile Nibble Poster

Would you say there is any benefit in waiting for the new edition to come out before taking the exam? I'm assuming the subject matter won't really change and only the questions will change.

Certifications: Computer Science Degree, A+
  10. Kitkatninja

To be honest, no, imo. Comptia certifications do not expire so if you're always waiting for the new version, you'll never sit any of the exams, lol.

The Subject Matter will be altered a bit to include new technology as well as the questions. Just like it was updated in the A+, etc...

-ken

11. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Thanks. Im looking to take the exam in the next month or so. I purchased the Mike Myers Network + certification book the other week for some more reading material. Its very good so far.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  12. Kitkatninja

Cool, good luck. Let us know how you get on :)

-ken

13. paulbarron

paulbarron New Member

The objectives are still for 2005. Pearson talk about 2007 but this is their classification. New objectives due early 2009. M Meyers is due to publish in March 2009.