Review Pass Compared to real results 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Davidh1819, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Hi guys i have heard numerouse times people getting around between 50 to 60 % in the certification mode exam in the MS review suit for 70-271 were the pass is 80% and getting scores in the real exam way over 700 or 800 out of 1000 despite getting only a maximun of 55 or so percent in the MS demo

any other people had similar experiances?

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I think people worry about scores and percentages waaaaay too much... and not enough about understanding the concepts completely. Do that, and you won't have to worry about scores and percentages. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Are you trying to say that they score badly in the practice exams then go on to pass the real thing?
    Is their poor score on the practice exam their first try? Their 10th?

It seems a bit foolish for someone to fail a practice so badly and then think they were ready for the real thing - enough to risk £100 on the outcome.

So no, I haven't found it common.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Kinda agree with BM. Even I was guilty of getting way too worried about the Readiness Review percentages (70-271 was my first MS exam too).

So long as you feel confident with the material I'm sure you'll be fine.

Personally, I found the R.R questions far more difficult than the actual exam.

HTH :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Well i have heard several times people sitting there the first MS exam panic because there R.R scores are to low i have also heard people saying the Readiness review questions are harder than the real thing so that make sense i suppose

maybe the low marks and hard questions are to motivate you to study more and more it certainly works if thats the case

sorry if you think its a stupid question but i am sitting the exam next month and like anyone i need to know the exam to prepair for the exam 8)

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  6. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I'ld agree- I found the RR questions hardere for both of the MCDST exams. However, as long as you're confident of the material you won't have any problem passing the test ;)

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't think it's a stupid question... I think it's a question that doesn't focus on the problem. You need an understanding of the concepts regardless of the scores you get. Practice exams are designed to let you know where you are weak... NOT whether you've "scored high enough to pass". If you're doing poorly on permissions, study permissions. If you're doing poorly on subnetting, study subnetting. If you're not reading the questions carefully enough, take the time to read more carefully. THAT is what is going to help you pass... not trying to reach some artificial percentage threshold.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!