Review MTA exams 98-365 & 98-366

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Ok not exactly on par with the MCSE and MCITP: EA, but both taken & passed :)

I'm doing these exams as I'm putting together a proposal to management to start up a training branch of IT Services, and considering offering these qualifications to those who either want to get into IT or those that have just gotten their foot in the door. Without breaking the NDA:

Exam 98-365: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals

I would say is comparable to the Comptia A+, with a touch of Server+. One thing that I was a bit surprised of is that it also covers: Understanding server virtualization.

Exam 98-366: Networking Fundamentals

I would say that it's comparable to the Network+, a couple of the questions threw me on the understand IPv6 section - but then again I haven't had to touch IPv6 since I did the EA.

The exams themselves:

Questions: Between 30 -50 questions
    Time: Approx 50 mins
    Question Format: Similar to the MCTS/MCITP format

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done fella!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Just to add what Ken said, I agree with his comments. Similar level to CompTIA equivalents, but less questions so much quicker to actually sit the exams. Generally speaking the questions were very short in some cases also, so no scenarios as such. The odd place these items in a particular order type question (which can be trickey sometimes).

If you have the experience and / or you have studied for the afore mentioned exams you should find them fairly straight forward. I did the Server & Network exams yesterday, and the Security one this morning. So three MTA's under my belt now. :)

Can't comment on if the Security Fundamentals (98-367) compared to the Sec+ as I haven't done that, but I'm sure Ken will comment on that.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. Kitkatninja

Already have :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  6. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Just wondering... Where can these exams be taken, and what course material is available for them?

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  7. Kitkatninja

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  8. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

It sure does, thanks!

However, it seems there's no certiport center in Belgium yet.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good job Ken, Congrats on the pass!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  10. Kitkatninja

There's nothing (apart from the yearly minimum exam purchase, which is 10 I believe) stopping you or your company becoming one... 8)

-ken