Returning to MCSA

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by fsimeta, Sep 17, 2008.

1. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Hi all,

Not been around for a while due to real life :D

Oh, and World of Warcraft lol.

But now heading towards going for my workshop for my MCP. Been through all three books (270, 290 and 291) and there's so much to take it it's mind bending.

Just wondering what advice anyone can give on how to approach the 270 exam?

Thanks in advance,

Fsi

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+
    WIP: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Less than 2 months to go before you lose your life to World Of Warcraft again :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

It is an awesome game - but it still takes your life away. Happened to me too. *shakes fist*

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. natkay2603

natkay2603 Bit Poster

Hi,
    I just done the 270 exam last week. I used the ms press book and sybex. I would say keep doing the lab work and practice them over and over. I spent alot of time doing the practice exams supplied with the book, which give a reasonable idea of how they word the questions. Don't make the mistake i almost made of thinking the questions would be the same or similar, because most weren't.

GOOD LUCK!

5. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Thanks, I'll give those a go. Didn't even know there was a Sybex book lol :) Time to get my head in the books again and fiddle with XP till it breaks.

Thanks for the replies; oh, and yes just a couple of months to Wrath of the Lich King *yes, I'm sad, I've already booked 4 days off* :)

6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I believe you're kidding about you didn't know there was a sybex book right?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Nope I'm not kidding, been out of the loop a bit :)

Luckily there's some kind of retake for free thing going on at the moment, so that may help if I flunk it.