Resuming a course with NITCL after 5-6 years

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Kryten2340, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Kryten2340

Kryten2340 Bit Poster

I hope anyone can help with this. I realise I may have left it late

I signed up to the TSE course with NITLC in late 2002. Received the 1st batch of study materials (A+ and Win 2000 MCP). I did the A+ block, attended the workshop and passed the exam. This led me to a technical helpdesk callcentre job with a very well known pc manufacturer through an outsourced company who I won't name. During this job I found the management structure very bad and as a result I found it a very stressful job. As a result of this I didn't do any further study. It's took me a few years to learn how to deal with the stress, even working in bog standard customer service. The problem I have is the course fees were paid by Barclays through a CDL which I am still paying back at lower payments due to financial problems. I do still owe the NITLC part of the deposit which was required back then but I never received any other course material or further tution. I am looking at resuming this course or trying to obtain a refund for un-used material. Has anyone got any advice or experience on this.

Hopefully someone is on here late so I can get a reply. I am due to ring them in the morning for advice.#

Thanks,
    Craig

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP (XP)
    WIP: MCSE/MCSA Win2003, CCNA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Phone NITLC and ask them. They might let you restart the course but I would be surprised if you will get a refund.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Kryten2340

Kryten2340 Bit Poster

All sorted.

Well near enough. They're letting me resume the course from where I left off with the added inclusion of N+. Only slight issue is the fact there's a small deposit balance outstanding. They need to find out how much but are willing to come to a payment plan. In the long run finishing the course and gaining the qualifications will be far better than having £3k in the hand short term.

Now that I know I am restarting I can't wait. Can a mod close this thread and move it to the welcome and introduction section as I feel this is more appropiate in there.

Thanks

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What does the contract say?
    I assume that there are time limits imposed on the course.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. Kryten2340

Kryten2340 Bit Poster

It's all sorted. They're letting me restart the course from where I left off. Just need to arrange a payment plan with them for the outstanding balance I had but that's nothing major.

6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

That's good news and I think you're really lucky. Quite expected them to show the door ! Hope it goes well for you :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. Kryten2340

Kryten2340 Bit Poster

Yeah I was quite thrown aback when they said I could resume from where I left off. I'm going to stick at it this time round.

8. free-advice

free-advice Nibble Poster

Hi fellow forum members, been away for a few days, so just catching up on the posts.

As I mentioned in a previous thread NITLC are one of the better training providers out there, if not the best I have worked for. I could have told you before you contacted them that you would be ok and allowed to restart the course.

Now get down to studying and make a go of it this time. :D

9. Mr Machfisto

Mr Machfisto Nibble Poster

Hi Kryten2340

I'm with NITLC and have been for sometime now.

Good luck with carrying on your course, make sure you utilise all the support given.

MrM

10. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Yep, I went with NITLC and found them helpful and very supportive. Finished ages ago but from what I've heard they still seem to be a good bunch.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  11. Kryten2340

Kryten2340 Bit Poster

I'm determined to this time. Getting sick of current job and need to get back into IT fast.

Does anyone know what the average time it takes to study and get through the N+ exam? Just started the book yesterday, when should I be aiming to sit the exam?