Resume help!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Apoc220, May 2, 2009.

1. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

Hey all,
    So short of the long is that I sent a resume last week to a friend who had gotten word of a job opening at his office. It's a government job with the Marines. Anyway, I sent him the resume, and forgot to send a cover letter. I was thinking that maybe I could send the cover letter with a second submission of the resume? I was asked to provide a reference letter from my current officer-in-charge and staff non-commisssioned officer-in-charge (I am active duty U.S. Marines). I figure I could send the reference letters, the cover letter, and another copy of the resume? Any thoughts? Since I sent the resume, I've been told of a few minor changes that I should make to the resume. Should I send the updated copy of the resume? I attached a copy of my resume with this message. If you guys could critique it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

Nobody?

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Your resume seems very good, too military in wording for a civvy position buts thats irrelevant in your case. If you are sending your resume electronically I'd be tempted to send it again and just say you were unsure if it had sent correctly when you previously sent it. If you have sent it as a hard copy I'd possibly leave it, but thats purely just if it were me. Best of luck mate and keep up the good work
    James

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs