resisting the hype

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by mallet, Nov 10, 2009.

1. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

If anyone in videogame land knows, modern Warfare 2 got released.... along with the hype. I am not trying to say the game is bad or anything. it could be a good game. but is the game any good compared to other 1st person shooter games that got released this year? :biggrin
    Problem with me is, I had my fair share of 1st person shooters back with perfect dark or golden eye on the n64. I pretty much played that game to death and somehow doubt I can play another FPS game. Do I dare to say, theres too many FPS games out there? :twisted:

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I am a call of duty fan but I haven't played Modern Warfare 2 yet... I did how ever love Modern Warefare and World At War. The game becomes so much more fun when you play online though...

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

I have played many hours on Call of Duty 4 modernwarfare and it is a great game! and yes like Thepof said online is a must for this game, have they improved on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?????? I don't think so, I haven't played it but the games that have countless sequels to them generally only end up eventually going down hill once theyve reached there peak in terms or entertaining online first person shooter gameplay! :)

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  4. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

agree. totally forgot about playing it online. but I dont hear many people use local multi-player anymore :(

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

too many nobs online especially ones with hacks and cheats. I hate online gaming. Bring back the good lod days of lan gaming with quake :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Mr.Kamwah

Mr.Kamwah Bit Poster

I got it today and its just as good as CoD4MW.

WIP: A+
  7. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

Could not agree more! Sometime wonder why I even bother with my Xbox Live Gold membership...

8. Geekzilla

Geekzilla Nibble Poster

I picked up my copy of MW2 on PS3 last night and it is even better than CoD4MW. The Multiplayer is as fast and furious as ever and the story mode is gritty and engrossing. IMO a great game, whether it is an FPS or something else is about how much it engages you and draws you in.

I have been a massive fan of FPS since Doom because it gives you such a visceral experience and MW2 does that with maximum effect.

I do think the hype has been a bit excessive but if it a great product than perhaps it is warranted.

Certifications: None, Yet
    WIP: Comptia A+
  9. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I got it for the PC, and after reading so many peoples comments on the Server isues in MP, I can honestly say I never noticed anything that subtracted from the experience. The Single Player is once again story telling beauty with some truly astonishing set pieces (walking through washing DC with choppers falling from the sky or being shot at by a BMP and avoiding falling trees is still great).

It's a polished game, taking everything in MW to the extreme. It tops it. full stop.

I mean, AC130, Cobra, EMP, Tactical Nuke in kill streaks? come on, it's amazing.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  10. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Is it wrong that I misread that as being shot at by the BNP :blink

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012