1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rescue/utility disks

Discussion in 'Software' started by nugget, Apr 7, 2004.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Just did a quick search for something about rescue/utility disks but came up with nothing. So...what I would like to know is what people would put on a utility disk; floppy or cd, eg fdisk.

Ideally they would be suited to setups, troubleshooting etc and naturally, links would be welcome for these utilities and apps.

The reason I ask is I followed an article about setting up a linux server and it pointed out to prepare the hdd with fdisk. Although I know what it is and what it does I don't have it (I think) and so it got me thinking what other people use/have. :?
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry if I'm on the wrong track initially here, Nugg - but loads of good advice can be found on Bart's Boot Disk

Stuff I keep in my CD toolkit include delpart.exe(just Google for it), PQ Magic for partitioning, Stinger (up to date, for fast bug-busting), and a bunch of other Tools that come under "Misc". Given a bit of time, I'll try and dig out some more info on them.....

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity