Rescheduling an exam ? You may have more to pay !

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by UKDarkstar, Jan 5, 2010.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Just a word of warning folks.

I have put off my CCNA exam due to other committments currently but found I couldn't reschedule it.

This is due to the fact that the VAT has gone back up from 1st Jane so there is extra to pay. Prometric explained I had to cancel and get a refund and then re-book at the (now) higher price.

Gee thanks Gordon Brown :x

Just so you know .......:p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks for the heads up but unfortunately the cert market is a big business:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That's sh*t. The voucher was bought when VAT was 15%, so regardless of when you sit the exam, it's paid for. They'd do anything just to get a little bit more money off you :x

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I agree, you've paid for the right to use the service within the next year, there should be no additional charge, they are effectively retrospectively changing the terms of the agreement...

How they account for VAT should not be your problem.