Requirements for MCTS?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by sacksem, Apr 4, 2008.

1. sacksem

sacksem New Member

Sorry for the newbish question but I can't find the answer on microsoft.com or the stickies here...

What tests must you pass to be considered a MCTS?

I've been working with SharePoint for over a year now, and I'll be taking classes 5060 and 5061 (WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 Implementation) shortly. These classes lead to taking exams 70-630 and 70-631. Again, sorry if this is painfully common question; please refer me to any helpful links and I'll be on my way. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/default.mspx

For MCTS: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 – Configuration: You need to pass 70-631
    For MCTS: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 – Application Development: You need to pass 70-541

For MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 – Configuration: You need to pass 70-630
    For MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 ― Application Development: You need to pass 70-542

So by sitting those two exams, you will be gaining two MCTS certifications.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. sacksem

sacksem New Member

Interesting, so it's just one exam for an MCTS? Is it redundant to get two MCTS certs? I work with both WSS and MOSS servers...

4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

well not necessarily. Those particular certs only need one, some need two. And its not redundant. An MCTS isnt a yes/no thing, and MCTS shows competency in a particular aspect of technology. Both those exams are for different certs, so they both show competency in different aspects. ie, having both shows that you can configure both office Sharepoint server 2007, and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. mjtibbs

mjtibbs Bit Poster

this thread has the answers I was looking for!

thanks

Certifications: MCSA, OSCP, MCTS Config SharePoint 2007