Reputation, Points, Power & Awards..

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by CliffG, Dec 7, 2005.

1. CliffG

CliffG Nibble Poster

Hi guys,

First let me apologise if this is posted in the wrong location, or if the information is already out there (i'm sure it is, don't know where to look)..

I notice on each user, the Reputation box (containing Points and Power) and the Awards Box..

I was wondering if someone could either advise me or point me in the right direction to find out what it all meant really.

Thanks guys

Cliff

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Help and Contacts-> Forum FAQ -> What is the Reputation system....

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Reputation points are a way of rewarding other members who have posted helpful information or who have posted something you admire or think is noteworthy. Any member can give any other member reputation points. Power, is the number of points you are able to give at any one time. The fewer posts you've made, the less your power is. Also, staff including mods, Smods and admins have greater power than members.

When you give someone reputation, you are prompted to write a small sentence explaining why. If you have reputation points awarded you, you can see information about them. Clic User CP in the menu bar and then click User Control Panel. You'll see a list of the threads where you were awarded reputation, the date, who awarded it, and the reason they gave you reputation.

Points aren't redeemable for anything. It's just a way to visually indicate a little appreciation for any help another member has given you.

Hope that helps.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It helped me Trip thanks :oops:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Hopefully, I can post some useful information sometime. :(

WIP: N+
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Great summing up there, Trip. It's always nice to remember that it's a 2-way thing. You can give or receive Rep points. Nice to be nice. :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. CliffG

CliffG Nibble Poster

Thanks for the explaination :)

WIP: Network+