Reprise: Free exam voucher when you buy a practice exam

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Kitkatninja, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

Thought this may interest some people:

Free exam voucher when you buy a practice exam from Preplogic. The practice exams are $89-$99 (approx £55), and you get a free exam voucher, for the next 3 days. I actually went for this for my Sec+ exam (£55 for their practice exam and exam voucher - normally the Sec+ voucher can be up to £200, that was a saving :) ).

Anyway, thought you guys - who are hard up for cash for exams may benefit as I did.

-Ken

p.s. please read the small print, not all vouchers are for the UK. There are some, but not all. Eg Cisco is not for the UK, etc.

!!Please read below!!

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

You must post a letter to their american address by the 26th July to qualify.
    Vouchers are not for international people, been told US and Canada only by support.

I tried to get Security+ also, not sure why its changed...

In process of getting a refund, for US residents only and is still by redemption...

If you are from the UK I'd avoid....

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

News update, US companies aren't being sold international vouchers anymore according to Preplogic, just been in contact with them. :mad

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Looks like vendors are ditching CompTia stock ASAP, god knows what will happen next...
    http://certcities.com/editorial/news/story.asp?EditorialsID=412

They have stopped their volume discount scheme, vendors have responded negatively, hopefully CompTia will see the error of their ways or they may be no more, and then what will the certs be worth ?

I was going to take a few CompTia certs just for kicks, no way I'm paying over £100 for a CompTia exam voucher, simply not worth it, better off doing a M$ exam.

5. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Thanks Ken! This eases the pain of the Security+, although since my employer pays for it, it's not that big of a deal anymore. Wish I had this for earlier exams!

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

is this voucher for all countries?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  8. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Opps, guessed jumped to wrong conclusion there ! :oops:

Was trying to sort it last last night and was first thing I found.

Basically it seems theres loads of discount US vouchers but International ones have sold out, I'm not sure why this might be.
    Seems a little unfair that thoose of us in the UK have to pay top dollar if you excuse the pun....

I see no reason why they should cost more than M$, why can't they make a profit on £100 for a computer based exam ?