Remotely proctored Microsoft exams (UK)

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by manc, Jun 3, 2015.

1. manc

manc Bit Poster

Hi,

I will be taking my 70-687 exam in July and I have a 50mile round trip to my closests Pearson Vue test center, I wonder if anyone here can shed any light on why MS Proctored exams are not available here in the UK?

Thanks.

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, 70-687 & 70-688.
    WIP: 70-410
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

The only time I have heard someone try and use the Online Proctor he had the proctor cancel the exam after 15 minutes because of issues.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. manc

manc Bit Poster

Oh, I have read quite a few positive comments about remote proctoring and by the sounds of things is employed quite alot, infact MS exam in America, Ireland etc can be sat via remote proctoring but not the UK!!!

I definitely feel better knowing I dont have to drive 45mins before I take an exam, also allows for a bit of on the day cramming prior to exam.

Thanks,

PS: I would post a link to the official MS list of countries participating in online proctoring but dont seem to be allowed.:popcorn:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, 70-687 & 70-688.
    WIP: 70-410
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi, sorry this thread is a bit old but I thought why raise a new thread when this will do just fine.

I've just gone to schedule a Microsoft exam and Online proctored was an option so I think I'll go for it. I'm based in the UK. Here are the T's and C's before I clicked schedule

Agree to Remote Proctoring Policies
    For: 413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
    In order to take this exam in a online proctored environment, you have to agree to the following terms and conditions.
    By accessing this website and ticking the box you indicate your acceptance of Pearson VUE’s, a business of NCS Pearson, Inc., Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Privacy Policy”), Terms and Conditions and use of cookies to support your experience. You also understand, acknowledge and agree that the testing programme sponsor has its own, possibly different, privacy policy.
    By providing your personal information, as stated in this Privacy Policy, for the purpose of registering for a licensure, certification or academic admission test, including the administration of such test, you acknowledge, agree and consent to the video and audio recording of your face image, voice, desk and workspace for the purposes of test quality, security and the integrity of the testing process, and you consent to the processing of such personal information and test data by Pearson VUE and to the transfer of such data to Pearson VUE’s hub server, located in the USA, as the data processor, its authorised third parties, if any, both in the capacity as data processors for the processing of your personal information and test data on behalf of the testing programme sponsor, as the data controller, located in the USA or elsewhere. Pearson VUE and other data processing entities, if any, are the recipients of your personal information and test data are located outside of the European Union and the European Economic Area; however, Pearson VUE will enter into reasonable data transfer agreements with such entities for the purpose of communicating and following the instructions of your testing programme sponsor and for establishing reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information and test data.
    If you choose to take the test through our remote-proctoring function, which is not mandatory in the event that there are other ways of taking the test as determined by the testing programme sponsor, you will be monitored during the testing session in real time so that your face, voice, desk and workspace will be captured and possibly recorded during the testing session. You understand, acknowledge and agree that you have no right to privacy at your current location during the exam testing session and you explicitly waive any and all claims asserting a right to individual privacy or other similar claims. By accessing this website and ticking this box you signify your acknowledgement and agreement that any inappropriate or wrongful conduct, as determined in Pearson VUE’s or the test proctor’s sole discretion, witnessed while monitoring your testing session at your current location will be reported by Pearson VUE to the testing programme sponsor and may also be reported to the appropriate governmental authorities, including, but not limited to, any law enforcement officials.
    By accessing this website and ticking this box you signify that you understand, acknowledge and agree that if any third party is: 1) detected as being present in your physical location, whether visible or not; or 2) overheard in any manner, whether physically detected through movement and making of noise or though sounds irrespective of whether they are in your current location or not during your testing session, the test will be immediately terminated and you will not receive any score. Further, you understand, acknowledge and agree that if your testing session is terminated for this or any other reason you will not receive a test fee refund, credit or voucher.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. JK2447

Brave new world, sitting your exams at home. I work at home. Could get my groceries delivered, amazon. Stream films on Netflix. Soon be no reason to go out!!!! :hacker:

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    RichyV likes this.
  6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

My only concern with this is, I never have an empty house, wife and kid (or kids depending on the time of day).

It just wouldn't work for me.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  7. JK2447

A concern for me too certainly. I'll make sure the house is empty when I sit it. I'll let you know how I get on. Last time I did something like this was to get my BCS CITP with two professors :S What the!

8. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well good luck, my friend in Dublin had issues when he tried to do it and the exam got cancelled in the end.

9. JK2447

Funny you should say that mate, I had a little google before I looked into this and the net is filled with times the examiner has cancelled due to technical issues, 15 mins before :S