Remote Support Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by madman045, May 22, 2007.

1. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

Currently looking to purchase a 3 user license for DameWare Nt Utilities based upon the fact it's per administrator and not per machine.

Can anyone recommend any alternative products to try before I make the purchase and has the same licensing scheme?

Thanks

Andy

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I really liked using Dameware in my last job. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. madman045

Well I've downloaded the 30 day trial and installed the client remotely to our office and a few clients servers and I really like the interface, also adding their separate AD schemes and managing them.

I think this will add nicely to our support package :)

4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

in my last job we used Dameware on the servers but if it was a PC to PC remote it was either RDP or what was known as Network Streaming...however a friend of mine came upon a nifty program called Remote Desktop Control...this is the site here

this I have now started using for when I build new PCs or fix old ones and the users are saying they have an issue but I cant make it to their place...so I use this little fella to remote on and away I go...give it a try...

Of course it has to be installed on your machine as admin and on the users machine as host...and you get the idea from there hehe...

Another one to look into is WinVNC...or ChrisControl

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

realVNC is a neat little free option as well. A little basic maybe, but does the job, I find. Otherwise, I use Windows RDP / terminal services :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. si2345

si2345 New Member

7. Pady

Pady Nibble Poster

have you tried Radmin, nice small little app.

Certifications: A+, See Sig for HW Certs
    WIP: Network+ & MCP 70-270
  8. madman045

radmin is good, but it doesn't have the options like AD management etc.. also it's quite expensive at 2500 USD for 100 computers.

9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Just wondering who pays for the license, you or your customer?

I'm starting to use crossloop as it's free and also based on vnc too.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Another vote for DameWare here.

Its not just a remote control utility - there is sooooo much you can do with it. Trust me, once you start using it you'll find out the power of the rest of the DNTU suite.

I'd go so far as to say it is the best value tool I've used for admin purposes. I used it about ten times today alone.

Got the agent install scripted so that we're alerted whenever its used - alerts fire off to a hidden Exchange Mailbox that only myself and compliance have access to - it rules!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em