Remote Desktop?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Juelz, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I keep getting abit confused with R.D, so from what I think it is is basically three different aspects of connecting to a system remotely so there's:

Remote Desktop Services - Im confused on this abit.. so R.D.S is a software that runs on a Server that that you can connect to, to get access to applications that don't run well on your system? Isnt this what VDI does? say you had a system with 2GBs of RAM and couldn't run PS of it, you could connect to RDS and run the application through a URL.. well why will it run through a URL but not your system? surely it would still be feeding off your systems resources?

Remote Desktop Connection- Connecting to another computer and pulling resources of the computer you're connected to as though you were sat in-front of it.

Remote Assistance- Being sent an invite by a remote person to help them with a problem by taking control of their computer and remotely managing it.

Also is Remote Desktop the term used for all three of these "tools"?

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

OWAIT, VDI lets you connect to a server with pre-installed desktops hosted on the server and gives access to the desktops virtually...I think.