Regarding funding for mcdst

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by del_port, May 31, 2008.

1. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

hi,has anyone in the uk taken the mcdst course at college while being unemployed?
    If so how did they manage it?
    At the moment it looks like this course isn't being funded by the government,although a few months back there appeared to be government funding,but if you live in edinburgh at the moment the course is paid for by the european union budget.
    I'd imagine more than just edinburgh is covered by EU money,basically they are pouring money into specific areas where regeneration is taking place,there are a few such places in edinburgh,bound to be some in glasgow too.
    here's the link for edinburgh
    http://www.ecta.org.uk/comptia-a

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

if the course isn't funded by the government you may have to get a loan, or you could self study :).

if you need help with things you can ask on here, someone will be able to help.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

thanks,i was told a few months ago it was free to take,now it no longer seems to be free,it's a £500 course.
    I'm not 100% sure i need this qualification,if i started the course i would complete it and sit the exam,i feel the A+ by itself is fairly lightweight on paper,and i want two to three qualifications in total,i've no interest in networking,so my choices are limited as to which course i can do.
    mcdst looked a good challenge,and an interesting course to do,but it would be good to hear from the people in this part of the forum what they actually do once they are qualified,do they only use the qualification for helpline work?
    If so i appear to be focusssing on the wrong course.
    As i said before, ideally i want very little customer interaction,i just want to physically repair the pc rather than being on the phone.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272