Reg MCP expiry

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by nanda166, Mar 13, 2007.

1. nanda166

nanda166 New Member

Hi..,

I earned my first MCP (70-229) in may 2005. Now i want to take up MCAD certification. Is my 1st MCP is still valid or will i have to write that exam again to go for MCAD now?

Pls help me out.

Regards,
    Nanda

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

MCP exams don't expire. It is still a valid exam.

8)

3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

As Simon says
    MCPs do not expire

the new MCTS range of certs will expire at the end of the support lifecycle of the product
    the new MCITP range of certs will expire three years from the date of passing
    at last check!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

nanda166,

According to the "MCP Certification Requirements" webpage, it states "Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) candidates are required to pass one current Microsoft certification exam that provides a valid and reliable measure of technical proficiency and expertise.*" The asterisk at the end means "*A current exam is any exam that has not been retired." So let's look at what exam requirements that counts. According to the "MCP Certification Requirements" webpage, it states...
    According to the "MCDBA on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Certification Requirements" webpage, it states that "Exam 70–229: Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition" is a "Core Exams: SQL Server Design." Therefore, since exam 70-229 is a current requirement for the Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 track, you still hold the Microsoft Certified Professional certificate.

I hope this helps.

Source:
    1. MCP Certification Requirements - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/requirements.mspx
    2. MCDBA on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Certification Requirements - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdba/requirements.mspx

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA