Redundant IT Technician......needs some advice

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by it_si, Feb 10, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I would think about doing a VMware course with the money as to become a VCP you have to attend an official VMware course.

Anyways, how do I become Welsh to get my grant?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. it_si

it_si New Member

I will take a look at VMware as it has always interested me but never got round to using it.

Becoming Welsh is a toughie I'm affraid, there's the being redundant bit aswell though, the only good advice I've had from the Job Centre was about this funding for redundant folk, there pretty much useless for everything else!

Si

3. ally_uk

ally_uk Nibble Poster

I would say firstly don't worry about your lack of certs, Experience is a good thing to have I have been in the I.T Game for 4 years now i'm 23 years old and have No Certs.

Lack of certs do not make you less of a man, if you are confident with I.T and have the relevant experience you still stand a good job of securing a Job. As for training providers I would say self study, use some of the money you have to invest in a decent rig get yourself a copy of vmware and start off either with the

Network+ A+ Linux+, MCDST,

Or just learn about areas that interest you study them hard until you feel you are confident in deploying and understanding the tech, And add these skills to your cv so when questioned about them you can provide the kickass anwsers.

4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Agreed Certs aren't everything and experience will always be preferable to holding certs any day. Saying that take full advantage of that funding. Look at some local providers and then Google them to see what you can dig up or post about them on here. I'm sure there will be people able to advise you.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011