Recommended Training Providers??

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by mattwest, Jun 21, 2006.

1. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Hi People,

Our regualr training provider has been messing us about a bit which is causing some delays in my training schedule.

I've got the following courses to go on this year and my boss has asked me to look around for another provider so i can do at least one of these courses over the next two months:

ITIL Foundation
    Cisco Design (CCDA)
    Security+
    IIS6

Can any of you recommend a good training provider? I've been with Interquad before but any suggestions appreciated.

ITIL is my current focus which tends to be a 3 days course. I'm primiarily looking for the south of the UK - Reading, Southampton, Bournemouth, London if necessary.

Quality over price but i also dont want to be ripped off!!

Thanks! :D

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Tried www.amazon.co.uk? I know they provide good stuff! :p

Seriously though I can't help as I've always done things through self study, or where I've been told to go (which usually wasn't very good).

A colleague of mine has recommended The Java Lounge to me, but I don't know anywhere else.

8)

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

like simon said self-study?? You are a CCNA so no reason why CCDA is out of reach... security+ - just find a good book and IIS well build youself a lab - get a couple of books on the subject and save yourself a load of dosh! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I think his company is paying for it...... 8)

5. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Hey Guys.

Yeah this is more of a company focus than my own.

I've done neary 20 exams in my time using self study for example i've got my final MCSE exam next week and then i'll be doing some Citrix practice so i already have plenty of topics to keep me entrained in my spare time.

The company is willing to send me on training for those 4 topics. for example last year i attended SQL, Exchange, Citrix, Cisco Wireless and VB Scripting courses. One of the advantages of my company.... not that there are many!! :blink

With topics like ITIL and IIS which i dont have much experience of i find classroom learning helps and any exams or further practice i need can be done in my spare time.

So i'm more looking for external training providers....

In some cases i know i'm in a privilaged position but i cant complain as i spent 6 years in differnet companies with zero training and input from the company so i'm just enjoying it!!

Thanks guys! :D

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  6. Handyman

Handyman Bit Poster

I work for an ITIL provider, but this forum has strict guidelines on touting for business.
    If you check my profile theres ways and means to contact me. Just ask for Mark :)

Certifications: ITIL Foundation, BTEC Nat Computing
    WIP: CCNA