recommended "bridging book" for the current Comptia Security+

Discussion in 'Security+' started by Big Brotha, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Big Brotha

Big Brotha Bit Poster

Is there a recommended "bridging book" for the current Comptia Security+ exam (SYO-201) if you've already studied for the old version?
    I've used CBT Nuggets, Security+ AIO for SYO-101 & even the MS Administering Security Training Kit (70-299), so would I need a specific book for the 2008 Comptia exam or should I just compare the objectives for the two versions and just research any new topics like Virtualization (which apparently isn't even touched in some recent books)

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Publishers are already getting killed in the book market, so they're not going to publish a book that only a few people are going to buy. Personally, I wouldn't recommend you take ANY of the briding exams, but if you feel you must, just buy the new version of the book and skim the parts you know already.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!