recommendations for interactive online course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by dexter7, Oct 3, 2008.

1. dexter7

dexter7 New Member

hi
    i am currently doing the comptia a+ at my local college,i am not currently working due to a disabilty so i would like to spend my spare time studying so i can get back into work in a job i enjoy.can anyone recommend a interactive online progressive course covering cisco microsoft etc that i can do from home. i have heard of cbt nuggets but dont no if there any good, i dont need any mentors as my lecturer has said he will help out with any questions.
    thanks for any help
    dave

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

CBT's, guides & practice questions from CBTNuggets, Learnkey, Preplogic, Boson, Transcender etc are normally quite good.

A website thatyou may want to look at is Proprofs.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

Can they provide any hard copy materials?? I find it a lot better reading from a book for an hour or 2 rather than a computer screen, as it's less strain on the eyes, and saves headaces. This may just be me though :( but that's a reason I canceled my option to study the A+ course with Aberdeen college, which was an online course. They didn't pay for the industry recognized qualification, but they did send out a certificate of competence once completed. I would have sat and looked at the screen for hours doing it, which I wasn't too keen on. It's always best to ask colleges that offer online courses, if there are hard copy materials they can send you,that don't require traveling 20-30 or however many miles to their campus librarys, which colleges will offer.

Or you can get a printer, and simply print out all the information from proprofs site, that Wagnerk suggested, which is a good site, but get buying plenty of paper, and ink catridges, which will probably cost around the same as books and so on, either way, or 6 and half a dozen as my mum always says

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you can print the proprofs site but they don't do hard copies. Cramssession do hard copies and they are quite good too.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. dexter7

dexter7 New Member

tahanks for the great answers, proprofs is great just what i am looking for cheers:biggrin

6. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

everyone learn in different ways.
    Try http://www.netwind.com
    It is not bad but not as much in details as I wish, but give you good hierarchical and systematical way of studying. Even so they advice to have a book too, which is "Comptia A+ in Depth" by Andrews. A bit different than Mike Meyers point of view if someone does not prefer his book.
    Another online course is http://www.testout.com
    Good luck....

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+