Recommendation

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by daniel_r, Dec 11, 2007.

1. daniel_r

daniel_r New Member

Hi,

Im hoping to do both the MCDST exams in the near future... I have completed the academic course and also have access to MeasureUp are there any resources that people who have done the exams would recommend to aid with preperation.

Thanks a lot

WIP: MCDST
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Daniel and welcome to CF:), with regards to study materials I personally and several others on this forum find the MS press books very good including Sybex study guides. I find MeasureUP good as well so you're on the right track in terms of preparations.

However, do make sure you go through the practices in the MS press books, you can get a second computer install win XP pro or server 2003 alongside VMWare. This would allow you to create some virtual operating systems to aid you through hands on labs in the book. Best wishes and keep us posted on how you're getting on.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. karl_lankford

karl_lankford Byte Poster

Hi Daniel, Hope all is well!

The MS press books i found to miss a fair amount of information out - i recommend the exam cram books. They are similar price, but cover things more in depth. Really sets you up for the 070-270 when you look at your MCSA.

The sybex are amazing too!

If you can get hold of CBT nuggets, i recommend them also.

Karl

Certifications: CISSP, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: MCSE Upgrade
  4. daniel_r

daniel_r New Member

Cheers fellas... will take a look at those :)

WIP: MCDST
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I recommend Sybex and MSPress for Microsoft exams. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!