Reasons why I love AMD

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Sep 9, 2006.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

if anyone can think of any other reasons better than these two, please let me know, because this is what I call Dual-CORRRRRRE!!! :biggrin

[​IMG]

:D Damn I love AMD!!!
    Now where are you Trip? lol...haha...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. phonics3k

phonics3k Nibble Poster

I am pretty sure if I had them in my room, That I would overheat :D

HAHAHA!

Certifications: None As Yet
    WIP: MCTS: 70-536 & 70-526
  3. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Nice... any more pictures? :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

thats all I could find for now...but u never what else could be lurking around...:biggrin

5. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I've never been exclusively in favour of either Intel or AMD, I own CPUs from both companies. But those Intel Core 2 Duos...I got to get me some of that action. It blows anything AMD's peddling out of the water and at considerably cheaper prices too.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  6. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Would that be dual core, or quad core? :twisted:

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Did u know the highest CPU speed for the Intel Core 2 Duos is only about 2.66GHz? The reason is cos Intel tried to do it at 3GHz but they found it got too hot and could only do 2.66GHz and the reason they are cheaper is cos they know people are using AMD more, because of the reliability and the ability to overclock the CPUs...but all that will change now that AMD are bringing their prices down and merging with ATI...the only Intel CPUs to reach 3.0GHz are the Xeon dual cores which are used in Apples new Mac Pro (taken over the PowerMac G5) and thats the only machine that has that CPU speed....

8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Love it, Noel - just ordered my first AMD 64 system for my bro, and so impressed (already on AMD at the mo) that I'm gonna get the same for myself.

Do those come as part of the package ? If they are liable to blow at any time, then I have no problem with that !! :tune

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Gav,

he he he :biggrin

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

nah more like phwoar core :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

LMAO!!! Just had to pick meself up off the floor after reading that mate...classic...haha...

12. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Noel
    the clock on a Core 2 Duo Extreme is 2.93Ghz
    and the 2.4Ghz wipes the floor with an FX-62, so it's true that at present there is squat in the name of competition to the Core 2 Duo

apart from those fine specimens of AMDs fabrication process
    lol

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  13. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

I wonder how much L1 and L2 Cache they have?

Where are the North and South Bridges and what speed is thier PCI buses run at?

Do they have an ISA bus for older subsystems?

14. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Ok Phoenix, I will give you that one, its just the info I got was from someone at work who recently purchased an Intel Core Duo chip himself and it was he who told me...but if u say it wipes the floor with an FX-62 maybe u need to see this. First check the price, then secondly, read the bit about Quad Core :D certainly makes my mouth water, although I would need 15 jobs to pay for that baby...now does the Core 2 Duo still win hands down? lol...:biggrin

15. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

L1 and L2 cache? hmmm let me see: L1 I would say 512K and L2 deffo 2MB each :D...as for the North and South bridges that one I will leave to you my friend. PCI bus speeds? I will get back to you on that one....and ISA bus? Come on Sandy, we're in the 21st Century man...:biggrin ROCK ON!!!

16. Baba O'Riley

Noel, I was talking about the Core 2 Duo, not the Core Duo. As for that Opteron, well there's nothing to say is threre? You're just being silly!:tongue

17. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

ok Baba...my mistake...if only Intel didnt make such damn confusion between Core Duo and Core 2 Duo...I mean come on honestly...and as for that Opteron indeed Baba...haha...I guess I am being silly but hey, we can all dream cant we? :D

18. Baba O'Riley

We can indeed. Although I'm not sure I'd be dreaming of a processor above all things.:blink . I agree with the naming of Intel's products. With the whole Core range it seems like they're trying to make a brand out of a widely known technical term so everyone associates dual-core with their own products.