Reading material - Michael Meyers or Jean Andrews?

Discussion in 'A+' started by jameister, Jul 29, 2009.

1. jameister

jameister Bit Poster

Does anyone know which of these books is better? I have read reviews on both and the general perception is That the Michael Meyers CompTIA A+ 6th edition is a good choice but have also read reviews on the Jean Andrews CompTIA A+ 2006 In Depth which also gets good reviews.

Certifications: CCSN, A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-680
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

If you use the search feature on the toolbar for the forum you'll find that most of your questions will have been asked before.

See here for the Andrews v Meyers thread

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. jameister

jameister Bit Poster

thanks I didn't see this post. I'll take a look

Certifications: CCSN, A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-680
  4. xhunter08

xhunter08 Bit Poster

I am also preparing for CompTIA A+ Certification Exam. I bought both of books, Michael Meyers' and Jean Addrews'. I went through both of books. Jean Andrew's book is better, as it contains explanations with nice illustrations. But still I recommend you both the books. If you want I can send you link to Jean Andrew's e-book sothat you can judge it. Search the discount books on amazon or any other websites, so that you save money to be able to buy both of the books.

cheers,
    xhunter.