ReactOS Demonstrated to the Russian President

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

ReactOS Demonstrated to the Russian President

The ReactOS project participated in the Seliger 2011 Forum this summer. "Seliger" is an annual youth educational forum held since 2005 at Lake Seliger in Russia, close to the city of Ostashkov in the Tver region (370km away from Moscow). The forum is funded by the Russian government with a budget of approximately 178 million rubles (approximately 5.9 million dollars or 4.3 million euros). ReactOS participated in the "Zvorykin project" section. The "Zvorykin project" is a multiyear program by the Russian Federal Agency for Youth aimed at stimulating innovative activities by younger members of society.

Read the rest of the article here.

ReactOS® is a free, modern operating system based on the design of Windows® XP/2003. Written completely from scratch, it aims to follow the Windows-NT® architecture designed by Microsoft from the hardware level right through to the application level. This is not a Linux based system, and shares none of the unix architecture.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments