Re-doing CCNA

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by aw69, Aug 13, 2006.

1. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

After 2 years off I have decided to redo ccna,I still have old course study material and I bought CCNA basic. I know that it is now 640-801, but I think it will do until i get my self sorted out money wise,I've also got yourselves and the Internet for help

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Network+
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

If you going to study for something you must have the current books... exams are updated and you could miss valueable information out. How is your networking knowledge?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

Very rusty to be honest havent found time to practice or study as the job i have has not left me with the time i needed. I do have a couple of books on networking "Networking a beginners guide and Exam cram2 network+ practice questions ". I also have a server a hub a spare pc. I was talking to an IT manager at a school i was collecting tools from as part of my job as a driver ,I was telling him about the courses i had done and where to go and he recomended i redo CCNA. But now I'm all over the place and i 'm going to have to think of what i'm going to do next

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Network+
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i agree the CCNA is all nice to do but if you lack the knowledge you supposed to know before the CCNA you will struggle alot to grasp the concepts required to be certified. I think you should look at Network+ and go with that before you dig into the CCNA. Look at our forums on N+ and CCNA as there is a lot of useful info in there as well as links to the objectives for each cert concerned.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

And from what I have read thus far in my CCNA studies, you almost have to master subnetting.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  6. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

You need the new stuff mate, they don't use those old switches anymore.

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging