Re: Computeach

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by esduffers, Oct 16, 2006.

1. esduffers

esduffers New Member

Hi Everybody,

This is my first time on the forum as I've looked into IT careers.
    I also looked at Computeach a while back. A mate of mine used to work at the head office in Dudley and he reckons
    that half of the Dudley site has now been sold off. Is this Company in trouble or something ? Also, that Computeach are planning to withdraw all Instructor led classroom sessions and do the courses on line. How can a student get any practical skills if Computeach don't provide any.

Just wanted to check if anybody else is aware of anything like this ?

Eric

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

Welcome aboard. I have no experience with Computeach, but i am sure people who have will be along soon.

Why not ask Computeach themselves?

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Yeh, i dont personally know the answer to your question buddy! Im studying 2 courses at the moment and the supplier for all my written information also give you the option for practical sessions too. Cant name the company though......

Some guys in here are watching and may have my pants down. hehe

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That's a bit of a 'man in the pub' question.

The company may not necessarily be in trouble, they may just have decided that the in centre training is not as profitable as the online stuff.

At the end of the day, they are a business. If they can sack half their instuctors and save on rent then the directors are going to be happy.

It happens in every industry all the time.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD