re-adding a quick launch bar with no right click w2k

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by dales, Nov 8, 2006.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

As the title says in trying to figure out a way or re-adding the quicklaunch bar once it has been moved to the desktop and closed by accident (blimin users). Trouble is our domain is so locked down we have no right click function. I have tried various things including dragging the quicklaunch folder in app data to the start bar to no avail, i've looked for a registry setting but cant find one. Is there another way i can add the toolbar back without havuing to right click on the tool bar and select it from there.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

its cant be that locked down if you got access to the registry.

Control Panel -> TaskBar Start Up Menu -> Quicklaunch

3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

only reason i have access to the good bits is cause I know the local admin pw for all the systems so a run as gives me regedit etc. looked in the users control panel already and they dont have that option, it pretty much only displays keyboard/ sound and display options.

any other ideas?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  4. Mr.Cheeks

not much of an admin a/c if you cant access the CP. other than that, i have no idea. where im at i was in the same situation as you, the locked it down tighter than a chicken's ass.

5. Mr.Cheeks

just to add, when they lock it down, its locked down on the domain and not locally. call up IT if you can.

6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I am IT, well first line anyway, we have pw's for local admin rights but the GP proves a little irritating for this particular problem, the only way I found to get round it is to reset the profile on the pc, (standard fix for god knows how many faults, by renaming users profile, then copying fav's dt shortcuts etc when all proves ok.

anyway never mind just wanted to see if I was missing anything obvious.

7. Mr.Cheeks

hmmm, strange, where you based?

edit: the reason i say strange, is cuz your lock down is similar to ours, and your fix is the same that our 1st line is told to do

8. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

thames valley police

9. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

This options looks easy enough:

To toggle the Quick Launch toolbar on or off:
    1. Download ToggleQL.zip and unzip ToggleQL.exe to a folder that is in your PATH.
    2. In a CMD.EXE window, or in a batch, use ToogleQL 1 to turn the Quick Launch toolbar on, or use ToogleQL 0 to turn the Quick Launch toolbar off.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  10. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Blimin eck :eek:

:biggrin

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA